Friday, March 27, 2020

Coronavirus sucks ass. I'm sorry. I had to say it somewhere. Hello everyone, and welcome back to my bullshit.

(Before I get into the COVID-WHATTHEFUCKHAPPENED-19 I would like to state something. For weeks and weeks and weeks I've had so many incredible, poignant, funny, slightly psychotic ideas and experiences that I have been wanting to document here. But the second I clicked on Compose it was like my mind was wiped blank. Fuck this shit. I catch myself wanting to write here at the most random times. In the middle of the workday. Right as I'm falling asleep. Mostly at times when I cannot just drop everything and write. So I'm resigning myself to talk about current events as the rest of my thoughts have gone MIA.)

Okay. I'm just going to say it. I cannot believe we are actually in the midst of a real life pandemic. I literally CANNOT process the magnitude of this thing and how (FAST) it has impacted everyone. EVERYONE! With half a million people infected in over 200 territories. I can't believe my city is in a LOCKDOWN with a CURFEW. Flights closed. Restaurants closed. Streets (relatively) empty. Everything eerily silent.

My hands are raw from washing them so often. We had a bunch of surgical masks stored from last year when we had to wear them on a regular basis to enter my grandfather's room before he passed away. So we just make use of those when going out (more like, back in the good old days of last week and prior when we were ALLOWED to go out). Wearing disposable gloves for everything - handling money, groceries, touching door handles and keys, the whole shebang. And basically just disinfecting everything with dettol.

You wanna know something? I don't even freaking remember the first time I heard about it. The virus. I don't remember what the topics of conversation with everyone were before this thing started taking over the world. Mundane work talk? Family problems? My engagement (yay!)??

I'm going to try and utilize this lockdown to write more on here. My working hours have reduced a lot since shifting online, so I have a worrying amount of spare time handy. And I really do have so much to talk about. So many good things, bad things, painfully average things. ALL THE THINGS.

So now that I've said it, I need to honor it. It would be so embarrassing for my soul if I didn't lol.

P.s. Doesn't social distancing sound like a fancy millennial buzzword for introversion?? Or something out of a Goop article. ''PrActIcE sOcIaL DiStAnCinG oNcE a MoNtH tO ReAliGn YoUr VagInaL ChaKraS''.

Anyway.

Stay at home.

5 comments:

The Me. said...

Congratulations on the engagement! Good to see new posts :D

CRD said...

Breaking News! Social distancing leads to social media homecoming.

How the hell have you been????

Furree Katt said...

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA I'VE BEEN GOOD! I swear, I'm so happy to see so many people back at it. How are you?

Furree Katt said...

ILY

Martin Alexander said...

Hey, now!
Vaginal Chakras© are the most important of chakras to maintain aligned!!
That stuff is no joke!
Damn Gwyneth Paltrow and her goops...

Yeah, this virus thing escalated real damn quick. I was lucky enough to not drink away all of my monies these last several months, so I'm not suffering nearly as bad as the average New Yorker, but damn, what a shitty country to be stuck in while this is going on.

I had to take a bus yesterday to get some groceries and there were too many people to keep at a comfortable distance, AND some foolish idiots are still going out without something to cover their face.
I was especially disappointed in the stupid teenage idiot who HAD a mask, but decided it would be a better idea to keep it around his chin.

Anyway, I'm always about a month behind when it comes to keeping up with blog posts and such, so it was nice to see this pop up. Looking forward to reading the rest of your stories - virus related and otherwise.

Btw, I do like to recommend applying a bit of baby oil and hand-lotion every so often. Having worked in restaurants for such a long time, I know all too well about one's hands getting uncomfortably raw.